History of Cupping
Cupping therapy is one of the oldest natural healing therapies in the world, used by Ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Chinese. Cupping dates back to approximately 200 AD.
Benefits of Cupping
- Deep tissue work and release without any discomfort
- Facilitates the movement if Qi and blood systemically and locally
- Pulls blood supply to the skin
- Moves stagnation, drains fluids, breaks up and expels congestion
- Relieves inflammation
- Dispels wind, damp and cold to treat muscle and joint pain, stiffness and arthritis
- Stretches muscles and connective tissues
- Loosens adhesions and stubborn knots in soft tissue
- Nervous system sedation
- Pulling action engages the parasympathetic nervous system, this allowing a deep relaxation to move through the entire body.
- Strengthens the immune system by promoting the flow of lymphatic fluid
- Treats excess heat conditions, fever, stress, depression and anxiety
- Cleans the blood and lymph and helps to balance pH levels
- Used for low back, shoulders and leg pain, gastrointestinal disorders- stomachaches, vomiting, diarrhea and lung disease- cough, asthma.
Suction Cups create a vacuum and then placed on the painful area of the body. The vacuum created by the heat dispels dampness from the body, warms the qi and reduces swelling.
Medium, Strong, Massage available
Cupping may be applied to neck, shoulders, upper arms, back, sacral area, abdomen, hip, thigh and calves.
The Difference Between Bruising and Cupping Discoloration
Bruising is caused by impact trauma with capillary breakage and a reactionary rush of fluids to the damaged location due to the tissue injury.
In correctly performed suction cup therapy, the temporary cupping discoloration that results, also known as “sha,” is NOT painful or due to a compression injury. Although the discoloration may appear as a ‘bruise,’ it evolves through a different mechanism. Traditional Chinese Medicine regards the appearance of sha as an indication that toxins and stagnation are being pulled to the surface of the body, restoring healthy Qi and blood flow below.
60 Mins. $135.00